Monday, January 30, 2012

My Diptych and Triptych


For my diptych I chose two photos from a babysitting session where we played around with ink pads and colors. I loved the patterns and textures in these photos, and I also loved the intrigue caused by her hands covering her face in the first photo. I chose to make them black and white because I felt that there was enough detail in the photos alone without the color. I think that these two have a very strong relationship because of both their subject and tone, and that they represent the joy of childhood. 

In these photos I played around with shutter speed and exposure to light and color. My dad introduced me to this idea, and I ended up loving the creativity of it. The lines made by the front and tail lights of the cars draw your eyes into the center of the photo by using leading lines. I think that these photos also have a strong relationship by similar colors and simplicity, and tie together the constant use of our roads and transportation methods. 


No comments:

Post a Comment