Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Assignment #4: Shape
My three best photos


This photo is radially balanced, and uses geometric shapes. I liked the arrangement of the mirrors, and I think that the contrasting textures and prints adds intrigue to the photo. I also liked the repetition of the subjets, which draws your attention to the shapes in the photo. I chose to make this photo black and white, and I think it gives it a dramatic touch by emphasizing the shadows and reflections. 


This photo has a symmetrical balance, and is also organic in shape. My favorite part of this photo is the curving shape to the bar, which I think makes the photo more interesting since it's such an uncommon shape. I also love the simplicity of the picture. Because the bar is the only thing in the frame, all your attention is drawn to the details and wear of the metal.


This photo has a symmetrical balance, and is organic in shape. The thing that stood out the most in this scene is the variety of shapes that make up the dangling branch. I think the idea of complex shapes making up a simplistic one is very interesting and contemporary. The symmetrical balance in this photo continues to add to the simplicity, and draws your attention into the subject.  


No comments:

Post a Comment