Thursday, April 12, 2012

Daguerreotype and Tilt Shift

 A daguerrotype is a photo effect created in the 1800's that is made in the camera on a silvered copper plate. To get this effect on my photo, I first adjusted the contrast, brightness, and color balances. To finish the effect, I added the texture of waves at the ocean, which intensifies the effect. I love this photo because I think it's very simplistic and intriguing. I like the shapes of it, and also love how the ocean effects the texture of the photo.

A tilt shift photo refers to the selective focus, which has the effect of a miniature scene. This type of photo is also meant to imitate a shallow depth of field. To get this effect, I used a selective gradient setting and made only a specific part of my photo in focus. The rest became blurred through the "lens blur" setting, and to finish it off I made final adjustments to the color and contrast.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment